The holiday season is upon us here in “the Sunshine State.” Aside from the great weather, South Florida has much to offer this time of year. From the traditional to the uniquely-ours, here are some of my favorite events…
- December 13th– Experience the haunting Disney holiday classic, Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, performed live by the South Florida Symphony at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. The film will be screened live with audio and musical accompaniment by the full symphony orchestra.
- December 15th– The Winterfest Boat Parade has been a South Florida tradition for 46 years. This being Fort Lauderdale, one of the biggest boating communities in the country, many people enjoy the show from their own powerboats, sailboats, and yachts. Invite some friends and enjoy the festival of lights while gently rocking on the water.
- December 18th– 23rd– Experience one of South Florida’s favorite family traditions with Stranahan House’s Annual Victorian Christmas. With its period decorations, live music, and costumed characters, a visit to Stranahan House will certainly put you in the holiday spirit.
If you’re wondering how to close out the year, there’s something for everyone when it comes to celebrating New Year’s Eve in Fort Lauderdale. Here are a few suggestions.
- Spend the last moments of 2018 at The Ritz! It’ll be a sparkling celebration filled with decadent foods, a festive cocktail hour, live music, balloon drop, and more.
- The new Conrad Ft. Lauderdale wants every member of the family to celebrate. Adults can enjoy a lavish night, complete with an open bar reception, an elegant five-course dinner with a special Veuve Cliquot pairing, and live entertainment. Children can celebrate with a buffet and kids club room.
- Reserve a table and enjoy a night of lively entertainment, filled with fire dancers, samba dancers, LED robot drummers and saxophone players, at Shooters Waterfront.
The weather in South Florida this time of year is incomparable. If you’re looking for an extended stay option, or interested in purchasing a winter getaway, turn to the Howland Group.